Senior Core Services Engineer- Blockchain
United States /Engineering – Blockchain Engineering /Full-time/ Remote
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break is founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming. We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role
Limit Break is looking for experienced backend systems software engineers to join our Core Services team. As a senior member of the team, you will be in a position to influence our best practices and processes, and to create a truly customer-driven culture from the ground up.
This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious and hardworking team player to help the organization truly shape engineering in blockchain technologies.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do.
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance backend services that power real time online games and web3 applications with strong emphasis on scalability & security
- Write clean, well-tested production quality code that is reusable and maintainableEstablish and champion processes, pipelines, and best practices for backend application development, and server API design
- Partner with the product teams to translate requirements into effective action items, and show willingness to prototype quickly
- Identify opportunities to research new (open-source) technologies, libraries, tools and incorporate new techniques to maximize workflow efficiencies
- When required, provide technical mentorship and guidance to other engineers on backend application development
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, ideally in backend/server-side development with production services at high scale
- Experience architecting complex software solutions
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle from requirements definition through testing and deployment
- Proficient with at least two programming languages, including one of the following: Go, Node.js, C#
- Understanding of relational databases and basic unix networking (files, sockets)
- Experience with Docker and containerizationStrong sense of initiative and ownershipA "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get the job done
What an ideal candidate looks like:
- Experience with AWS, Amazon EKS, and building cloud native applications
- Experience and interest in blockchain/Web3Written an EVM smart contract
- Written at least one public backend service and/or frontend D’app that communicates with an on-chain contract for a product that has many users
- Experience building DeFi and/or crypto exchange technology
- Strong understanding of web application development, demonstrating awareness and following of industry trends and best practices
- Some experience with full stack development
What you’ll Get in Return:
- Competitive Total Compensation between $185 and $225,000
- Generous paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
- Company-paid Life Insurance Health & wellness stipend
- Cell phone stipend
- Company-paid identify theft/credit monitoring service
- Generous home office reimbursement
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you.
Apply to [email protected] to explore this new opportunity.This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe.We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.