NEAR Foundation is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join our globally distributed team. In this role, you will be work directly with the General Counsel to take ownership of assigned functional areas within the legal department. You should be able to work autonomously and proactively on tasks and manage/mentor junior team members.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely legal advice to the organization on a variety of legal topics
- Drive workflows and functional areas within the legal department effectively
- Lead all type of legal matters on an end to end and bring them to a successful conclusion
- Coordinate with and engage external legal counsel in a strategic manner on crucial issues
- Monitor relevant developments in law and regulation, and provide insight to inform NF’s approach to its own policies and processes
- Mentor and manage junior team members
- Qualified lawyer/solicitor in EU jurisdiction, UK, US or Singapore.
- 5+ years of work experience as in-house legal counsel or at a reputable law firm. Experience of international/cross-border work strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated corporate, commercial, and regulatory legal experience
- Deep and proven understanding of the unique legal challenges facing the cryptocurrency and wider blockchain sector
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Keen detail-orientation and resourcefulness with excellent follow-through skills
- Multi-tasking ability, pragmatism and the resilience to be comfortable with high levels of uncertainty and ambiguity