OP Labs is seeking an enthusiastic Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team. As a Developer Advocate you will play a crucial role in nurturing developer relationships, providing technical guidance, and advocating for developer needs within the Optimism ecosystem, including developers for OP Mainnet and the OP Stack. You will work closely Product, Engineering, Dev Support, and Marketing to ensure devs have the resources they need to succeed, while also contributing valuable insights to shape our products and services. If you're a technically savvy advocate with a passion for fostering developer success and building meaningful relationships, we’d love to meet you.
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to developers, assisting them in understanding and effectively using OP Labs' products.
- Collaborate with other DevRel team members to create and execute developer-focused initiatives, such as hackathons, meetups, and discussion groups.
- Actively engage with the developer community through online forums, social media, and events, addressing questions, sharing insights, and facilitating discussions.
- Create and deliver technical content, including blog posts, webinars, workshops, and documentation, to empower developers with the knowledge needed to achieve their goals.
- Systematically surface developer feedback to product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to influence product improvements and resolve underlying support issues.
- Maintain relationships with key developers, influencers, and advocates in the Optimism ecosystem, fostering a strong and engaged developer community.
- Identify and nourish new developer communities forming on Optimism, such as onchain gaming, decentralized social, and OP Stack devs.
- 3+ years of experience in developer relations, technical advocacy, or a related role, with a focus on technical content creation and engagement with developers.
- Strong technical background with a solid understanding of web3 software development, blockchain platforms, and related domains. This role will regularly involve writing code.
- Proven experience in creating technical content, such as tutorials, documentation, and code samples, that resonates with developers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Active engagement in the web3 developer community, with an understanding of developer needs and challenges.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm for technology and a genuine passion for supporting and empowering developers.
- Optimism about the future of the open internet.