BVNK is a next-generation payments platform for global businesses. We bridge the gap between traditional and digital finance to make payments borderless, instant, and secure. Using the BVNK platform, businesses can send and receive payments on all major schemes and blockchain networks, incorporate stablecoins into their payment flows, and settle funds in over 30 markets.
We are a diverse team spread across the UK, Europe, South Africa and APAC, with a shared belief that in the next five years all payment flows will interact with crypto, and BVNK will be at the forefront of this shift. We recently raised 40M in series A funding, and we're looking for smart, ambitious people to help us build the next generation of payments.
We're incredibly honored to have made Newsweek's list of the top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces for 2023.
About this Role:
Due to our expanding business, there is an increased demand for a Compliance Onboarding Analyst to join the Team. The role requires a high level of initiative, as well as expertise in a FinTech environment and cooperation with corporate and individual clients. This role requires high attention to clients needs, self education and self organization. This role will form part of our global team, and will work closely with Operations, Trading Team, Sales, and Management.
What you will do:
- Onboarding and due diligence of the Company’s Corporate customers ensuring that the appropriate best practices in Onboarding and Risk Management are applied.
- Oversee the Corporate customers’ application process, responsible for collecting and verifying the necessary information.
- Identify correctly the Corporate customer’s UBOs and Directors and collect all relevant information;
- Collect, review and verify complete information with Corporate applications in accordance with company policies;
- Carry out all relevant checks and resolve any potential hits (Sanctions, PEPs, Adverse Media, etc).
- Ensure all relevant legislation and regulations are adhered to, as well as industry guidance and best practices.
- Assess and decide on a case-by-case basis what measures should be taken with regards to additional investigations, follow-up actions etc.
- Carry out risk assessments on all customers and follow relevant approval and escalation processes.
- Suggest improvements to the process.
- Onboarding of Private Individuals / individual persons on the Coindirect platform and different products.
- Ensure all required documentation is collected and verified from the Company’s High Value customers.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication and research skills.
- Strong investigative skills, ability to formulate and clearly articulate supportable rationale behind decision making.
What you can expect from us:
- Fair and competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Meaningful ownership in the business through our employee option scheme
- Flexible working hours, with hybrid working at its heart
- A culture built on passionate growth minded people
- A flexible approach to holiday
- Opportunities to travel to our offices around the world, in locations such as London and Cape Town, to collaborate with your colleagues
- An open and creative environment where you can help us define the future of BVNK, it’s culture, and it’s opportunity sets
At BVNK, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. While you may not meet all of our requirements, we’d encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of our expectations. You may be a great fit for this role or another role in our team.