Communications Manager (Chinese Speaker)
Partnerships, Community & Growth /Full-Time/ Remote
*Scroll has a remote-first work culture, our staff base is globally distributed and we are location agnostic. We make hiring decisions based on talent, culture fit and role suitability. If you have the skills and experience requested by this job description then please APPLY!*
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Communications Manager to lead our communications efforts in the Chinese-speaking markets, including but not limited to China and Taiwan.
As Communications Manager for these regions, you will be responsible for developing and executing effective communication strategies to promote Scroll's presence and brand image across various channels. You will define regional strategy and coordinate with the global communications team across Media and Influencer Relations, Community Management, Events Management, and Content in the Chinese-speaking markets.
Scroll is building an open source, bytecode level compatible zkEVM layer 2 solution for Ethereum. Our mission is to scale Ethereum while maintaining our values of credible neutrality, open-ness, and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key media outlets, journalists, and influencers in the Chinese-speaking markets.
- Plan and execute media campaigns to generate positive media coverage and manage the company's reputation in the region.
- Monitor media coverage and provide timely responses to address any concerns or misconceptions related to Scroll's solutions.
- Engage with the Chinese-speaking community on various social media platforms, forums, and other relevant channels.
- Foster a strong and vibrant community by addressing inquiries, feedback, and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Organize and participate in community-focused events to enhance engagement and build brand loyalty.
- Collaborate with globally distributed cross-functional teams to plan and coordinate both online and offline events, including webinars, conferences, and workshops in Asia to raise awareness about Scroll's Ethereum scaling solution.
- Set, and then analyze, OKRs to measure the success of events and gather feedback to improve future events.
- Develop compelling and informative content tailored to the Chinese-speaking markets, including blogs, articles, press releases, and social media posts.
- Translate and localize existing English content to resonate with the target audience effectively.
- Ensure all content aligns with Scroll's brand identity and messaging guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent Chinese and English speaker
- Proven experience in media relations, community management, events management, and content marketing in the Chinese-speaking markets in the technology and blockchain industry.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- Deep understanding of the blockchain space, particularly Ethereum and scaling solutions.
- Broad network of media contacts and influencers in the Chinese-speaking markets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse, global team.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You are passionate about blockchain technology and the potential it holds for the future.
- You are directly aligned with our values of building with community, openness, credible neutrality.
- You have strong interest in decentralized system and open source collaboration.
- Your are a resourceful self starter that understands how to research new topics.
- You are mission-led and eager to be at leading point of zkEVM research.
- You are a collaborative person who can work well within a globally distributed team.
What We Offer
- A mission-led, collaborative culture
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and like-minded people who are contributing to the progression of Ethereum
- Competitive salary package / generous paid time off / annual growth budget
- Remote from any location with flexible hours
- Home office set up / co-working membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.